Harriman’s growing multi-disciplinary practice is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our team. With a holistic, ground-up approach to design, our civil team works closely with the firm’s internal practice groups – coordinating with architects and engineers throughout the firm – as well as directly with prime engineering clients, on a diverse group of project types. If you’re a collaborative, innovative civil engineering graduate who is passionate about the built environment and have the initiative to tackle technical reports, calculations, and other exciting civil engineering challenges, we want to meet you!
What You’ll Do Here
- Work independently and with our engineering staff to support our civil engineering and land development projects. You will gain experience with grading, storm drainage, utility design, environmental design, facility planning, site layout, roadway design, and permitting for a variety of project types including schools, municipal facilities, retail and mixed-use developments, and more
- Complete engineering calculations for grading, drainage design, storm-water modeling, erosion and sediment control, and storm-water permitting
- Prepare technical reports and assessments
- Produce engineering documents and civil specifications, including permitting documents for state and local permits
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, landscape architects, and architectural team members within our full-service firm.
- Support projects during construction administration phase
- Be given opportunities to learn and grow in your experience and skills as a civil engineer.
- A passion for learning environments and community-centric design
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited program
- Entry level to 10 years of experience preferred
- A commitment to obtain professional licensure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and develop detailed construction documents and specifications with supervision
- Knowledge of design and analysis software including AutoCad, Civil 3D and HydroCAD is preferred
- Willingness to actively engage in professional engineering organizations such as ASCE, ACEC, and others
- Involvement in community and/or design-focused organizations or associations, showing a commitment to engagement in our community
- A sense of humor, love of design, and desire to contribute to the build environment in a real way.
- We offer completive salaries and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401K program and a friendly, collaborative work environment. Harriman is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
GENERAL HARRIMAN EXPECTATIONS OF ALL STAFF
In addition to the required technical skills it is important that we work together collaboratively in a team environment in order to be successful. Some general expectations that are required for all staff members include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Be a team player
- Be open to new ideas
- Be respectful of others and their opinions and ideas
- Manage time efficiently and effectively in order to complete tasks in a timely manner and without impact on co-workers schedules
- Be prompt to appointments and meetings out of house as well as in-house
- Inform your supervisor and team members of PTO, or unexpected time away from the office
- Be flexible and adapt to changes
- Ability to accept and learn from criticism
- Communicate, communicate, and communicate!
To apply, email a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org